Skylight Day Shades
To purchase please contact your local RV Dealer.
Skylight Day Only Shades are three-rail tension-style pleated shades with a sheer or see-through type of fabric, which provides light and shade at the same time. Varying degrees of transparency are available.
A variety of colors and fabric.
Additional rail on the bottom provides a very finished look.
Custom made to order.
United Shade and Dicor Corporation focus on the people and companies that use our products. This includes products, support and services that help improve the production process:
Our shade technicians work with you every step of the way in measuring, ordering and installing shades in a way that best suits your production process.
Coil Return Policy
WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
Custom Aluminum Railed & PVC Railed Pleated Night and D/N Shades,
Pleated Doors, Pleated Windshield Wraps and 1” Aluminum Mini Blinds
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Many Shade, Door, Wrap and Blind problems can be fixed in the field. The first step should always be to call our United Shade Technical Support Team (574-262-0954).
- If the problem cannot be fixed via telephone or email support and the product needs to be returned, you must get a Return Goods Authorization Number (RGA). Your United Shade Technical Support Member will allocate RGA and shipping instructions will be provided.
- Once an RGA number has been assigned, please have items ready for pickup. All returns must be contained in the same type of condition that it was delivered in order to be eligible for full warranty. Package the shades and blinds in the closed (up) position with cords secured around the head rail. Secure the item in the closed position with shrink wrap. Package doors and wraps in the closed position with shrink wrap. Do not use adhesive tape to wrap up any of our products. Shipping boxes must be secured with ‘V-Board’ to reinforce box corners.
- United Shade has the right to refuse any return sent without an RGA. If product defect differs from original defect description, customer could be subject to additional shipping & handling charges.
- Any damage due to improper installation, misuse or negligence will not be warranted.
- WARRANTY ON PLEATED SHADES, DOORS, WRAPS AND MINI BLINDS IS REPLACEMENT OF SHADE. Labor and freight reimbursement will be field determined after repair assessment is made.
|Pleat Size Option||5/8" or 1"|
- Determine if the shade or blind will mount outside the window frame onto the wall (Outside Mount) or if the shade or blind will be mounted inside the window frame (Inside Mount). Note: Most RV windows are Outside Mount.
- Outside Mount — Measure the width (across) of the area to be covered. Example: End of frame to end of frame plus 2” added for additional coverage. Inside Mount: Measure the exact opening size. The factory will make any necessary adjustments from your exact measurements to allow for inside clearance and ease of operation.
- Measure the length (drop) of area to be covered. Example: Top of frame to bottom of frame with an additional 2” for mounting above and below window.
United Shade will manufacture exactly the size you order. Take precautions with your measurements so entire window area is covered and allowances are made to assure a custom fit. If draperies or valances are already installed be sure your measurement for width allows the shade or blind to fit under the current window treatment.
Inside Mount Measuring Instructions
Inside mount shades and blinds are installed inside the windwo casing.
- Measure the exact insdie width of the window casing from left to right inside edge.
- Measure the exact inside height of the window casing form top to bottom inside edge.
- Do NOT take any deductions. Allowances are made at the factory to ensure fit.
Outside Mount Measuring Instructions
Outside mount shades and blinds are installed outside the windwo casing. The shade or blind will cover an area larger than the window itself.
- Measure the exact width to be covered. Allow enough extra coverage to ensure proper light control and privacy
- Measure the exact height to be covered. Allow for proper coverage.
Pleated Skylight Shades
- Locate predrilled holes in headrail (A). trhey are located on the underside of the headrail, behind the first fabricvpleat. The hoels have plastic installation grommets.
- Position headrail in skylight opening. Install screws through the headrail in the predrilled holes.
- Push center rail (B) up near top rail.
- Push bottomrail (C) down to bottom of opening, then install scews through predrilled holes.
Note: Bottom rail should hang approximately 1" short in free hanf position (before installing bottom rail to opening). This is what creates the tension.
If the shade will not stay in up position after installation, it is the incorrect size for the opening.
Shades should be kept in the closed or up position when not in use, to maintain pleat retention and minimize dirt and soil build-up. Do not store shades in the down position. This may cause some loss of pleat retention if the shades are not operated on a consistent basis.
Shades can be easily cared for by simply dusting or using a vacuum cleaner attachment. Do not use spot remover, household cleaners or detergents to remove soiled spots,a s these may cause damage to fabric or loss of color from fading.
NOTE: If your recreational vehicle must be stored for an extended period of time, store shades in the up position and cover your windows with additional protection (I.E. Cut out cardboard).
What is the difference between Day fabric and Night fabric?
Day Fabrics = light woven fabric for sun filtering. (Deco only)
Night Fabrics = heavy woven fabric for sun blocking.