Cellular Night Shades
To purchase please contact your local RV Dealer.
United Shade’s cellular shades combine a number of distinctive features into one of the best, most versatile window shades you can buy. Its cellular structure of open honeycomb-like pleats traps stagnant air inside the shade to provide superior insulation compared to other shades. Night Only shades offer total privacy when in the down position. Its cordless operation provides additional safety for children and pets as well as offering an attractive, clean look. These shades can now be motorized as well.
Motorized: Shade can be operated by switch or by remote control, either for a single shade or multiple shades.
EZ Lift RV style (a popular tie-down style which works with cords, under tension, anchored below the bottom rail for ease of raising and lowering the shade).
Cord Lock Residential Style: Pull cord to raise shade, release at angle to lock.
The cellular structure of EZ Lift or residential style shades gives you a new look while providing more insulation than other shades. The shades make any space significantly more energy efficient, especially with the double cell shade.
The motorized option, OEM only, also provides a new level of convenience, with shades being easily operated by switch or by remote control or by remote control of multiple shades at once.
Night Only shades provide total privacy when extended to the full down position. This eliminates nearly all light infiltration. Night Only shades are excellent in a variety of applications including residential, recreation, commercial and marine.
Custom sizes are made to order with multiple colors and fabrics.
United Shade and Dicor Corporation focus on the people and companies that use our products. This includes products, support and services that help improve the production process:
Cellular shades are easy to custom order. Our shade technicians work with you every step of the way in measuring, ordering and installing in a way that best suits your production process.
Coil Return Policy
WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
Custom Aluminum Railed & PVC Railed Pleated Night and D/N Shades,
Pleated Doors, Pleated Windshield Wraps and 1” Aluminum Mini Blinds
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Many Shade, Door, Wrap and Blind problems can be fixed in the field. The first step should always be to call our United Shade Technical Support Team (574-262-0954).
- If the problem cannot be fixed via telephone or email support and the product needs to be returned, you must get a Return Goods Authorization Number (RGA). Your United Shade Technical Support Member will allocate RGA and shipping instructions will be provided.
- Once an RGA number has been assigned, please have items ready for pickup. All returns must be contained in the same type of condition that it was delivered in order to be eligible for full warranty. Package the shades and blinds in the closed (up) position with cords secured around the head rail. Secure the item in the closed position with shrink wrap. Package doors and wraps in the closed position with shrink wrap. Do not use adhesive tape to wrap up any of our products. Shipping boxes must be secured with ‘V-Board’ to reinforce box corners.
- United Shade has the right to refuse any return sent without an RGA. If product defect differs from original defect description, customer could be subject to additional shipping & handling charges.
- Any damage due to improper installation, misuse or negligence will not be warranted.
- WARRANTY ON PLEATED SHADES, DOORS, WRAPS AND MINI BLINDS IS REPLACEMENT OF SHADE. Labor and freight reimbursement will be field determined after repair assessment is made.
|Bottom Rail Option||
- Determine if the shade or blind will mount outside the window frame onto the wall (Outside Mount) or if the shade or blind will be mounted inside the window frame (Inside Mount). Note: Most RV windows are Outside Mount.
- Outside Mount — Measure the width (across) of the area to be covered. Example: End of frame to end of frame plus 2” added for additional coverage. Inside Mount: Measure the exact opening size. The factory will make any necessary adjustments from your exact measurements to allow for inside clearance and ease of operation.
- Measure the length (drop) of area to be covered. Example: Top of frame to bottom of frame with an additional 2” for mounting above and below window.
United Shade will manufacture exactly the size you order. Take precautions with your measurements so entire window area is covered and allowances are made to assure a custom fit. If draperies or valances are already installed be sure your measurement for width allows the shade or blind to fit under the current window treatment.
Inside Mount Measuring Instructions
Inside mount shades and blinds are installed inside the windwo casing.
- Measure the exact insdie width of the window casing from left to right inside edge.
- Measure the exact inside height of the window casing form top to bottom inside edge.
- Do NOT take any deductions. Allowances are made at the factory to ensure fit.
Outside Mount Measuring Instructions
Outside mount shades and blinds are installed outside the windwo casing. The shade or blind will cover an area larger than the window itself.
- Measure the exact width to be covered. Allow enough extra coverage to ensure proper light control and privacy
- Measure the exact height to be covered. Allow for proper coverage.
- Install mounting brackets (A) at top of window frame. Mount approximately 3" in from the corner of the window. If you are using the Quick Install option, no brackets are necessary. Simply places screws directly through top rail into the predetermined holes.
- Install headrail (B) into mounting brackets by tilting front of the headrail in up position. Slide the hook of the mounting brackets into groove of the headrail. Then, push back of the headrail up until it snaps into the bracket. Quick Install option will skip this step.
- Install cord retainers (D) with screws approximately 2" below frame on each side.
- If needed, adjust the tension by pulling on the cord string and re-tie the cord retainer.
Installing Simplicity Shades with Shroud
Shades are not factory adjusted for your shroud. If the shade will not stay in an up position, it is the incorrect size for that shroud.
- Install mounting brackets (A) to top of shroud, mount brackets approximately 3" in from corner of shroud. NOTE: On vista shades you may use 3 mounting brackets. Quick Install Shades require no brackets and install with 2 screws directly through top rail into predetermined holes.
- Install headrail (B) into mounting brackets by tilting front of the headrail in up position. Slide the hook of the mounting brackets into groove of the headrail. Then, push back of the headrail up until it snaps into the bracket.
- If needed: adjust the tension by re-tying the knot on the cord retainer or Xmas tree plug. Adjustments should be done on both sides to assure the shade will hang evenly.
- Install cord (E) retainer with screws or Xmas tree plug (D) - Use 1/4" drill bit on the center wall of shroud near bottom.
Cellular Shades can be easily cleaned with a spray fabric or upholstery cleaner. Keep cellular shades open during and after cleaning to properly air out fabric. Lightly spray the soiled area with the appropriate cleaner and gently wipe the fabric with a damp cloth. Always wipe horizontally along the pleats so as not to damage the fabric. Take care not to crush or wrinkle the fabric. Pat with a dry cloth to remove excess moisture. Be aware that excess cleaning, as with any window treatment, may result in damage to pleats and structure of shade.
What is the difference between Day fabric and Night fabric?
Day Fabrics = light woven fabric for sun filtering. (Deco only)
Night Fabrics = heavy woven fabric for sun blocking.
Can you see through the Night fabrics?
No, but you may be able to see shadows. For complete blockout, you may order a blockout liner (optional). Must specify were ordering. This option is addition to standard price.